Sunday, September 27, 2009

NCSU

Just back in from the NC State weekend, I'm tired, hungry, and still pretty wired from the car ride back...

I'm pretty sure Bala is in the other room taking pictures of his wounds from the weekend...maybe they will be up here later.

Amber, Bala, Liew, and I headed on down Thursday night to Lemma's house because we had some extra time, and Amber wanted to be there for Friday evening with some of her family in town. This allowed up some extra time Friday for some fun-ride time! Lemma took us out to Crabtree park near her house for a couple hours of riding around. Much to our dismay upon our arrival, the trails were closed! No! But, we decided to just walk around for a while and check out the lake. After about 20 minutes a park official rode by and we flagged him down to ask about riding since trails seemed in pretty good condition...and to our luck he was pleased to tell us they were about to open them! Needless to say we were stoked...


We even made a friend...



Liew showing off in the skills area...





This was my first weekend of racing since getting back on my bike from my broken hand hiatus. It was quite eerie to be riding along during the XC race and pass a VT rider who, during the race, had an accident ending in the exact same break that I had.

I had a rough spell during the XC as I was dropping my chain every couple of minutes, irritating, but nothing major, just a malfunctioning singulator. I made it to the finish...Chad had some bad luck ending in some injuries keeping him form any further racing on the day, so I borrowed his ride for the ST. Thanks for the bike Chad, glad you are OK!



 



The ST went much better for me, as I managed one of the better starts of my career, and was able to hold a good pace, and work my way past a few guys to finish 3rd in the B field. The rain, mud, slick roots, and cheering team mates made it a really fun race for me. Short track is fun because you end up having friends all along the course to cheer you on.


Brock and Liew were a blur....


Congrats to all of my team mates on their great finishes. Before I left, I set my facebook status to "Dominate" - and that is what we did...We had a great showing, and now we look forward to a solid finish as we host Conference Champs next weekend. The run for 10 is on!


- Hopefully tomorrow, some others chime in and add to this post!

No comments: