Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Hope everyone that raced the Morgantown RR did well and had fun!

I took the weekend to come home to Charleston and spend time with family and old friends. Of course I brought a bike home too! I wanted to just get out on the roadie for awhile and have some fun. No chasing, no attacks, no pulls, no intervals, no sprints... just some fun, fast solo riding.

Roads were fairly empty Saturday, so I set out for about 50miles, riding from my house, through the mountains of the South Hills area and back. I got lots of thumbs up waves from cars, pedestrians, and other cyclists. The team bike is a huge hit and people as lots of questions. The roads in South Hills are amazing for cycling. Beautiful views, low traffic, perfectly maintained two lane roads. There's also an awesome carriage path to ride on cyclocross style. I snapped some pics of the team hotness to share.







47 Miles. 3,328ft of climbing. Total time: 2hr 52min. Avg. Speed: 16.5

GPS LINK

Happy Easter everyone, go ride!

-Chad

2 comments:

Jimmy James said...

Where is the RED????

Ryan said...

First, it looks like you're obsessed with the bike.

2nd, you said fast solo ride then post avg speed of 16. Only if that's breakiron is that considered a fast speed.